This is the right place!
Recent research reveals that Qigong training:
• Initiates the relaxation response, decreasing heart rate and blood pressure.
• Alters the neurochemistry profile moderating pain, depression and addictive cravings, as well as optimizing immune capability.
• Enhances the efficiency of the immune system through increased rate and ow of the lymphatic fluid.
• Improves resistance to disease and infection and increases the efficiency of cell metabolism and tissue regeneration.
• Coordinates right/left brain hemisphere dominance promoting deep sleep, reduced anxiety and mental clarity.
• Induces alpha and theta brain waves that reduce heart rate and blood pressure, thus facilitating relaxation, mental focus and even paranormal skills.
(See a more detailed review at www.QigongInstitute.org)
How do we get energy to flow freely? How do we get more?
Qigong is a form of practice aimed at improving the flow of chi (energy) inside the body, therefore the induction of chi is a main tool used in the practice. Inducing chi means to direct, attract, and absorb the flow of chi within and outside the body. We attract chi to maintain life processes through the exchange of chi with tangible substances like the air we breathe, the food we eat, the things we experience with our senses, and with the universal energy called Hun Yuan Chi. There are three methods of inducing and attracting chi: movement, sound and vibration, and using the mind’s intention.
Movement Your quality of life correlates with the amount of movement of internal chi blending with external chi. The movements used in Wisdom Healing Qigong unite the mind with chi and attract chi with the mind. The slow movements allow for relaxation as well as an energetic flow. The deep movements allow the opening of energy channels as well as release of pain, blockages, and stress. The mindful movements allow the mind to connect with the body and help quiet the mind’s busy thoughts and mental stress.
Sound By “chanting” certain sounds, you can induce, attract and mobilize the movement and absorption of chi. Sounds activate energy with higher and deeper vibrations. These sacred sounds allow the opening of energy channels and centers as well as quiet the mind. Five Organ Integrative Sound Healing Method allows you to access the emotional energy in the body’s organs to release and transform the emotional tension and limitation. For example, sound healing can transform fearfulness to carefulness, worry to centeredness, anger to courage, sadness to compassion, and depression to natural joy. Sounds allow you to activate life energy beyond any physical and mental limitation and allow deep connection between your conscious and unconscious minds.
Mind With the mind’s induction of chi through visualization and meditation, you can access the positive and creative power of the mind. Visualization and meditation can access different parts of the brain’s functions beyond linear, left-brain thinking. This practice also cultivates the whole brain and whole body wisdom and connects the mind with feelings through energetic imagery.
Overall, through the integrative approach of movement, sound, visualization and meditation, you can access life energy most fully and integrate the holistic functions of mind, body, and heart. In addition, you can realize the full potential of mindful meditation, prayer, energy psychology, applications of spirituality and quantum physics, the “law of attraction”, and mind-body medicine in general.
Why does Qigong work to heal all disease (both by itself and as a complement to conventional medicine)?
Qigong works with the totality of the living universe to tap into the formless energy resources beyond the 4% of the form energy (physical) and brings the newly discovered energy back to the physical world to enhance and transform the physical. In doing so, healing and awakening of the consciousness can be accelerated and realized fully.
•The living universe is made of energy: 96% is formless and invisible while 4% is physical – matter, dark matter and energy.
• Nothing is lost in the universe: Energy = mc2.
• Everything is changing every moment: thermodynamics
• There are two directions of causes, horizontal and vertical, behind every effect. One is the science of the physical (Newtonian physics) and the other is consciousness as energy (quantum physics).
Qigong’s cosmology is aligned with ancient Taoist and Buddhist philosophy that is validated and rediscovered by today’s latest science. In contrast to the Western medical perspective on healing, which is: Can my body heal itself? (the body as a machine). The Qigong perspective is: Can my mind and body heal together?
How do the miracles happen?
In the science of Qigong, healing from chronic conditions is not a “miracle” in the way the word is often used. Healing can occur in a spontaneous manner with a quick shift of the mind or as the result of much dedicated practice. We deliberately activate our miracles with proven practices and our engaged consciousness.
"What is a Miracle? It is the realization of the impossible to be possible and doable. Qigong is a science of NATURAL miracles. The chi field of group synergy can greatly amplify the effect.” – Mingtong Gu
At the Huaxia Zhineng Qigong Training and Recovery Center, known as the medicine-less Qigong hospital in China (see more info below), three keys were found essential for activating the true potentials of Qigong: consistent practice, accessing the collective and cumulative chi field, and the true power of teachers and healers. Your practice can nourish your life energy in a sustainable way. A strong chi field can amplify the benefits exponentially. True teachers and healers can assist you to deepen your connection within and realize your true potential.
At the medicine-less Qigong hospital everyone was dedicated to healing, thus a powerful healing community formed, and each person’s progress was everyone’s progress. Massive group healings and practices were daily events. Everyone participated, even if on a stretcher or in a wheelchair. Everyone was blessed by the strong intention for healing and the deep desire to live and become vital and strong. Those that had already healed, or gained more strength, helped others or became teachers.
The most effective practices were shared widely and practiced for hours at a time. Caregivers assisted with the severely disabled in this residential experience. When a student arrived, they went through a battery of medical evaluations to determine their condition. Then they engaged deeply with the practices and teachings for twenty-four days. Then another set of tests was conducted. From this came the amazing percentages of documented changes.
With this deep dedication many became powerful healers and the rates of healing grew greater and greater as the healing chi field grew stronger and stronger. The cumulative benefits of this experience are now available to us as we continue the lineage of healing through Master Mingtong Gu, Dr. Pang, and our own dedication.
What are the essential practices?
Wisdom Healing Qigong has several levels of practice and is a complete and open system of Qigong. These practices represent a radically different technology which is offered to awaken, transform, and integrate our entire chi body–from the cellular to the spiritual– returning us to our natural, healthy, and balanced state of being. This technology re-patterns the physical, emotional and mental/ spiritual energy that is not flowing freely and is experienced as pain and suffering, into energy that is flowing freely, bringing forth natural states of happiness, compassion, openness, and wholeness. In Level I, we begin with:
• Lift Chi Up Pour Chi Down (LCUPCD): a moving practice that trains the mind to activate life energy within the body and receive energy from the universe.
• Lachi: the mind connects with simple hand movements to amplify and direct chi energy. Most often done sitting.
• Standing Meditation: an effective way to concentrate and direct energy, and opens major energy gates and centers, helping you receive and stabilize the chi energy within you.
• Inner Smile and Six Golden Keys: cultivation of goodness, interconnectedness, love, and commitment. This is a powerful meditation and becomes a way of life.
• Awaken Vitality Method (Preliminary Practices): Spinal Bone Marrow Method, Wall Squats, Hip Rotations, Crane’s Neck, Chen Chi and Spinal Bending open channels and allow a free flow of energy.
• Five Organ Integrative Sound Healing: a powerful way to release emotional blockages and stagnated energy from our bodies' organs.
What did the research in China find?
In the 1980s, and 1990s, as Dr. Pang was developing the Huaxia Zhineng Qigong Training and Recovery Center, known around the world as the medicine-less Qigong hospital, considerable scientific research — some 3,000 research papers — were published. In two decades, the Center treated more than 200,000 patients. This sample of the 2,088 people was taken during a three month period in 1998 at the Center. From this group the following impressive results were documented:
Cured: 731 (35.01% ); Very Effective: 488 (23.37%); Effective: 863 (41.28%); No Effect: 6 (0.29%);The total Effective rate was 97% (See the chart at the bottom of this page for more detail.)
Healing Experiments in China
Among the many styles of Qigong, Zhineng Qigong is one of the most powerful. Translated literally, Zhineng Qigong means “Cultivating Wisdom Energy”. In the 1980s, Grandmaster Dr. Pang founded the world’s largest medicine-less hospital known as Huaxia Zhineng Qigong Training and Recovery Center (a.k.a. The Center).
Patients admitted to The Center were initially diagnosed by medical professionals and then assigned to Qigong teachers. After twenty-four days of stay and daily practice, they were given a battery of medical tests.
Patients were enrolled at The Center as students to learn the art of self-healing. Students graduated not only as physically healthy or recovering persons but also as much happier and integrated beings. The Center trained thousands of Zhineng Qigong teachers and many master teachers. Most of them have chosen to dedicate their lives to teaching and sharing Zhineng Qigong healing.
Through enormous scientific research (3,000 research papers were published during the 1990s), and more than twenty years of experimentation with Qigong healings, Wisdom Healing Qigong has developed into a scientific system of working with energy to activate healing and improve life. Dr. Pang has published more than thirteen books, offering this cultural treasure to the world.
Healing Research in China
Over the course of two decades subsequent to the Center’s inception:
• The Center treated more than 200,000 patients.
• In 1998, between March and June, 2,088 people practiced at The Center.
• From this patient sample, the following results were obtained:
> Cured: 731 (35.01%).
> Very effective: 488 (23.37%).
> Effective: 863 (41.28%).
> No effect: 6 (0.29%).
• Its total effective rate of 99% has been documented. See the table at the bottom of this page for some examples, according to types of diseases.
Experiments conducted at The Center, or medicine-less Qigong hospital, in China identified the main contributing factors to the effectiveness of Qigong healing:
1. Self-healing practice to deeply reprogram energetic functions.
2. Transmission from teachers and healers through group and individual sessions. (Note: A trained teacher can energetically transmit the healing information directly into a patient’s energy system to accelerate or realize healing.)
3. The collective effect of the chi feld. The more you practice and connect with a healing chi field, the more effectively you can realize healing.
At The Center, there were many cases of spontaneous healing simply from a handshake with Dr. Grandmaster Pang. There were hundreds of recorded cases of spontaneous weight loss of twenty pounds or more, wheelchair-bound students that walked, recovery of hearing, and so on. In Master Mingtong Gu's own direct experience of working with 31 students, he observed cases of total recovery from leukemia and other cancers, chronic pain, insomnia, and endocrine imbalances.
Spontaneous healing from transmission strongly depends on the receptivity of the student, and is often more effective if the person practices Qigong diligently. The informational energetic structure of a healing chi field can facilitate and greatly strengthen the healing process for students and the more conscious the participation, the more powerful the healing.
It should be noted that there are also some cases of people who experienced direct healing in a strong chi field without participating in it. That is, they were not consciously activating the chi field and sometimes did not even believe in the Qigong technology, and yet, were still healed.
What happened to the medicine-less hospital?
Wisdom Healing (Zhineng) Qigong was promoted by the Chinese government as one of the most effective forms of Qigong. While the government found Qigong very valuable for dramatically reducing healthcare costs for their population, they were also wary of the large numbers of people gathering together. In the year 2000, it was outlawed for people to practice Qigong together in numbers greater than one hundred at a time. Since by this time the numbers at the medicine-less Qigong hospital had grown to 5,000, Dr. Pang thought it best to disperse and trust his teachings to his trained teachers (such as Mingtong Gu who had trained in his two year Qigong Master program) to carry out to the world.
Can we duplicate the medicine-less hospital in the U.S.?
Mingtong Gu is mindfully, step by step, creating a Western model of the medicine-less Qigong hospital concept and finding the same profound results when students apply themselves with dedication. A Western evolution of the medicine-less Qigong hospital is on its way. Meanwhile Western science has been progressively discovering the same quantum mind-body principles underlying the teaching of Qigong. Together we are part of this collective journey.
In 2005, Master Gu began with a five-day Healing Intensive Retreat designed to activate the same energetic practices, teachings and experiences he had in China. Now, from five to thirty-day retreats are available for deep immersion in the healing chi field. The many, many miracles of healing happening during these retreats are shared in video clips on the Chi Center web site (www.chicenter.com). These stories, and the ones in the book 101 Miracles of Natural Healing, can inspire your vision, dedication and practice.
Just as Dr. Grandmaster Pang started with ten students in the early 1970s and inspired millions of practitioners within two decades, Master Mingtong Gu started with small classes and has expanded into a global program with thousands of online participants and sold-out retreats around the world. Our vision to create a center dedicated to integrative healing through Qigong and other modalities is now coming alive in The Chi Center's new facility near Santa Fe, New Mexico — The Center for Wisdom Healing Qigong.
What can I expect during Master Mingtong Gu's Chi Center retreats?
You will learn a natural healing process that was developed by Dr. Pang Ming, the founder of the medicine-less Qigong hospital in China. You can cultivate and take in this profound medicine of heart and mind for the total healing of your body.
• You learn the theory and practices of one of the most effective energy healing sciences, from basic to the advanced.
• You drink in the potent Chi medicine day and night, just as the people at the medicine‐less Qigong Hospital in China – through movement, meditation, sound, visualization and REST.
• Master Gu will personally lead you in cultivating the key ingrediants of chi medicine as the most effective “prescriptions” from the medicine-less Qigong hospital.
• You will learn to organize a chi field of healing with collective power to accelerate your healing. You will learn group healing and the ultimate method to transmit chi for healing of self and others (called Lachi).
• Mingtong and his wife, Linling will lead group healings and spirals, with optional individual sessions available at some retreats.
• You will learn the basic and advanced practices of Wisdom Healing Qigong, practice often together so that you will be able to continue with confidence at home.
• You will “purify” your chi by moving through challenges and releasing the mental and emotional resistance with these profound practices. You will learn to clear and balance the emotions for a deeper healing.
• You learn to “receive” chi mentally. You will develop a quiet and creative mind to realize healing most effectively. You access your inner wisdom and consciousness, awakening to your deep nature and purpose, strengthening your inner resources.
• You will learn to activate the infinite potential in your food, supplements, and conventional medicines— to digest the chi medicine of great food, sincere companions, music, song, dance, and lots of laughter and hugs. You will also experience the joy of eating in silence during many of our meals together.
• You will discover how to cultivate pure and expanded consciousness. Frequent periods of extended silence will allow for integration and your personal journey deeply inward.
• You will be joined by qualified teachers and experienced leaders (Chi team leaders) to support you personally and facilitate small support groups. The chi community bonds are precious jewels you will take with you for the rest of your life.
Is there research on Chi Center retreats?
Yes! In 2015, we began our own modest efforts to document the transformation that we were witnessing at each and every Healing Intensive Retreat. Our first two-week pilot study used pre-, mid-, and post-retreat self-reporting questionnaires, focusing on chronic pain, well-being, and distress (including depression and anxiety). Careful appraisal of any symptom changes was also reported.
The data was scored by an outside research organization and demonstrated that 94% of Retreat participants improved in terms of well-being and distress levels (including depression and anxiety) and 89% improved significantly. The scoring of the data also showed an Effect Size (severity adjusted) of 1.89, indicating that the results of the Retreat were considered highly effective. In fact, in the statistical world, 0.8 is generally regarded as highly effective; 1.89 is more than twice that! Chronic pain levels also reduced significantly over the course of the two week Retreat.
Pilot studies of subsequent Retreats have demonstrated comparable remarkable results, while the studies of weekly classes, conducted by psychologist and research coordinator, Dr. Ilka de Gast, have similarly shown positive results. We continue to explore additional options to investigate and document the amazing experiences of dramatically new levels of health, happiness, and well-being that come with participation in The Chi Center’s Healing Intensive Retreats and subsequent dedicated practice. All Wisdom Healing Qigong protocols were developed by Master Mingtong Gu.
In addition to the pilot studies and future research, THe Chi Center website and YouTube channel are full of healing “miracle” stories of people just like you healing from all sorts of conditions.
Pilot Study based on a Two-Week Retreat led by Master Mingtong Gu
Change in Well-being and Global Distress scores including Depression and Anxiety • 94% improvement • 89% significant improvement
Quotes from Retreat Participants in the Pilot Study
Participant with HIV, anxiety and headaches: “Feeling relaxed, peace of mind, headache relieved.”
Participant with cancer and depression: “Before I came I worried about dying 100 times per day, now I’m focused on living.”
Participant with sluggishness from hypothyroid and joint pain in hip and knees: “Feel the blockage in my left thyroid has cleared – no pressure there. My hip is totally pain free and knees are mostly pain free.”
How do we bring these beautiful ideas into our personal lives and practice?
Master Mingtong Gu: "I enable and empower students to realize and activate their deep hidden resources and healing ability.
"First, I help students shift their minds from a state of hopelessness, victimization, and stressfullness to a state of openness, relaxation, creativity, and proactive and choice-oriented empowerment. With experiential, somatic processes students realize the possibility of NOW — taking them from their paradigm of impossibilities to a paradigm of possibilities.
"Second, I teach students the method prescribed by the medicine-less Qigong hospital in China, where it has been used for more than 200 kinds of diseases and with more than 200,000 people for more than two decades with a 95% success rate. This method involves gentle movement, visualization, sound, and meditation.
"Thirdly, I use the group synergy and collective energy field – the chi field – as a support as well as source of healing power that goes beyond any individual and is available for everyone participating.
"Naturally, it creates a safe container where students can fully dedicate their intention and commitment to this deep process of transformation: making the impossible possible.
"We, at the Chi Center, also provide the continuous support of sustainable practice through ongoing programs in Santa Fe, New Mexico and globally through online courses and materials available through the Chi Center online store.
"I have personally experienced total recovery from asthma, scoliosis and low back pain. I have witnessed hundreds of recoveries from all kinds of physical illnesses in China and the United States.
"It is very satisfying for me to see people’s lives transform through this practice, even in just ten days at a Wisdom Healing Qigong retreat. Some students are released from ten to thirty years of migraines and other types of chronic pain. Students shift into states of calmness and joy after years of depression. Some heal from severe emotional trauma. Many regain life and health after years of Lyme disease and autoimmune diseases. Some are able to release cancers and tumors and return to their normal lives after being under the care of hospice. Many, including health professionals, have recovered from trauma, stress and burnout. "
“Changes for health, happiness and peace start with you and me making a new, conscious, beneficial choice!” —Master Mingtong Gu
Who would benefit from Wisdom Healing Qigong?
You can benefit if you are:
• Working with serious physical or emotional diseases.
• Feeling stressed, depleted, or full of anxiety or depressed and wish to strengthen your endocrine and immune systems.
• A caregiver of your family or others who have disease.
• Seeking powerful tools for self healing or expanding professional capacities.
• Inspired to work for the awakening of human potential.
• Committed to make sustainable positive changes in your life.
Wisdom Healing Qigong is beneficial for people with all types and levels of health challenges, or those with great interest in realizing their innate capacities for healing and transformation.
Is Mingtong Gu the real deal?
Jack Kornfield: “Mingtong is full of vitality, wisdom, and skill. He is a real healer and the practices he teaches can change your life.” (A leading meditation teacher, author, and co-founder of Spirit Rock Meditation Center and Insight Meditation.)
James Baraz: “Master Mingtong Gu creates an energy field that is truly healing. I personally know three friends who, after years of seemingly insurmountable health problems, have regained their vitality and been transformed through their work with him. He’s the real deal.” (Author: Awakening Joy, Spirit Rock Meditation Center teacher, Buddhist Peace Fellowship board.)
Lama Palden: “Many people I know personally have benefited greatly from their work with Mingtong Gu. He not only promotes healing through transmission, he teaches people how to heal themselves. How wonderful this is!” (First Western woman to be authorized as a Lama in the Vajrayana tradition.)
Brian Bouch, M.D.: “Master Mingtong Gu has brought a level of transmission of mind-body practice that is unparalleled in my experience. Since making these teachings available to patients in my medical practice, they have become healthier and happier.” (Founder of Hill Park Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine.)
Tara Brach, Ph.D.: “I came away from a twelve-day retreat with Mingtong filled with a wonderful sense of aliveness, wakefulness, and openheartedness. Mingtong is a compassionate healer, a wise teacher and a real force for transformation in today’s world.” (Clinical psychologist, meditation teacher.